More than a third of students in grades 6-12 are involved in a sport. Sports at EHS include baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross country, football, soccer, softball, swim team, tennis, track, volleyball, and wrestling. Sports at TAD include football, baseball, softball, soccer, cross country, wrestling, cheerleading, basketball, track, and volleyball. Sports offerings vary at elementary schools but include Girls on the Run and Wildcats Running Club. Our teams are the EHS Fighting Cyclones with the mascot “Tuffy,” the TAD Junior Cyclones, the ESE Pirates, the HME Hurricanes, and the WSE Wildcats.Football is class AAA, and all other sports are class AA.
Thanks to community support, new and upgraded athletic facilities include the new Citizens Bank Stadium, Indoor Softball Hitting Facility, the resurfaced LaPorte Track and the renovated indoor pool. Cyclone pride is strong in Elizabethton because residents see the opportunities for our alumni through athletics, like former Cyclone tight-end Jason Witten, who is now a 13-time All-Pro NFL athlete.
- ShaMia Wells, Haley Brown named All-American Wrestlers, with Wells ranked 1st in nation in 100kg freestyle wrestling
- Lauren Brickey named Miss Softball Tennessee
- ShaMia Wells placed 1st, Haley Brown & Tyesha Thomas placed 2nd, Kilroy Hill placed 3rd, Chris Taylor placed 4th, Hunter Morrell placed 5th in state (TSSAA)
- Women’s wrestling team placed 2nd overall in state (TSSAA)
- Mary Beth Biggs named to All-State volleyball
- In both shotput and discus, Camryn Koroma ranked 2nd in state, and Jasmine Roberts ranked 3rd
- Heather Feuchtenberger 3rd in state in 800-meter run
- Softball team qualified for state tournament and set school record for victories.
- Girls track team ranked 7th in state
- Men's wrestling finishes best season in school history with 21-4 dual record.
- Mary Beth Biggs, Sydney Goodsell, Morgan Smith named to All-Conference volleyball
- Abby Bryan & Ethan Eggleston awarded Wendy’s High School Heisman
- Sydney Goodsell and Cassidee Ray named to All-Region volleyball
- Kira Dillard named softball District Tournament MVP
- Kaylen Shell, Abby Bryan, Reagan Armstrong, Abbey Townsend named to All-District Girls soccer
- Lauren Brickey, Macie Herrmann, Maci West, Kellie Cunningham, Jessie Cunningham, named to All-Conference softball
- Brodie Adams named Baseball District Tournament MVP
- Garrett Hartley, Ethan Eggleston, Michael Robinson, Corey Russell, Brodie Adams named to All-District
- Carter Everette broke school record with 2,801 passing yards and 34 passing touchdowns
- WR Ryan Wetzel broke two single season school records with 85 catches and 21 touchdowns (2017).
- Carter Everette named JC Press Player of the Week
- WR Ryan Wetzel, QB Carter Everette named to JC Press Elite Eleven
- Corey Russell named to JC Press All Tough Guy Team
- Junior Cyclones Highlights
Junior Cyclone HIghlights
- TAD Jr. High Varsity & JV Undefeated – a first in 20 years
- Spring 2017- TAD Baseball Regular Season Undefeated
- Wrestler Deuce Morton finished season undefeated 25-0